Sunday, September 25, 2011

A special visitor

It was such great timing that one of my most dearest friends in the world had the opportunity to come back to Seattle for a wedding last week.  She was able to come down and spend a couple of nights with us.  We haven't seen each other since January of 2007.  Its been WAY too long!

Addy completely fell in love with Karen - who wouldn't?  She hasn't stopped talking about her since she left.  It was so special to watch them spend time together.  We got to play, hang out and Karen even cooked us dinner one night!

What a blessed opportunity!  It was so great to see Karen and it made the last few days of this pregnancy fly by which helped too!

Karen brought Addy a dress up doll gift and the girls had a lot of fun playing with it.  Addy took it this week to show and tell with her class.


Addy was so sad the morning that Addy left.  It made it worse for me seeing Addy so sad about it.


Karen and I met in third grade!  We've been friends ever since - we have so many great shared memories over the years.  It is always a comforting and familial expereience to spend time with her!!  Just what I needed at the end of my pregnancy while dealing with a head cold and finishing up work.  Helped get my mind off things and gave me a chance to focus on the important things in lfe.

I am going to have to send a link to those of our friends that didn't get a chance to say hi!  It was a wonderful visit!!  Thanks Karen and Trisha for getting together with us!