Saturday, September 03, 2011

Baby Charlotte's Room - an Update

I went ahead and took a few shots of the nursery in progress.  The painting is done - a lovely aqua color called "sprinkler" and a princess pink called "fairytale pink".  It is all based on fabric that will be used in the valances and bed skirt.  They are still in progress.  You can see the fabric in the crib - that is a quilt for Charlotte and in the pillow on the pink rocker.

We have the basic furniture in and mostly in place.  The new crib, dresser, book shelf . . .

This is one of the two walls that is aqua.  The windows with their valances will frame the crib.  Can you enlarge the pic and see the pillow in the chair - that was the inspriational fabric.


We loved the bookshelf we got at IKEA for Addy and so we got one for the Charlotte's room.  We are still in the process of getting things out and ready - so not sure items will stay in the same spots but I think the furniture is set.
 Our new dresser from IKEA.  Love the hieght and oversized drawers.  It will hold a ton of stuff.  I love it!


We still need to relocate the den bookshelf and then the changing table will flip around and fill in that space.
 Just a veiw of the room from the other side.  My Mom did a wonderful job in putting a user friendly closet together a couple of months ago for us.  Thanks!!


Putting away some of the goodies we got at the baby shower.  We are getting there.  We've had generous friends that have passed down some of their items which make them extra special and help us save a bit of money in the process - thanks!!  And my heart IKEA rug.


Now comes the part that is fun, but also the most stressful for me - the decorating.  This means putting holes in the newly painted walls, measuring and being neat and percise.  Yikes!  But we have some fun things planned so I know in the end it will be what I was hoping for.  I still come in this room and sit and try to wrap my head around our new baby that will be here in less then 4 weeks. 

As I do each day, I give thanks for this blessed miracle and pray for a healthy baby and delivery!