Friday, September 16, 2011

37 weeks and the countdown is on!


So, my entire pregnancy I have been getting special ultrasounds to ensure proper growth of the baby.  I was diagnosed early on with a 2 vessel cord and the risk was there that the baby wouldn't be able to grow properly.  In the back of my mind I constantly wonder - is it working?

Each ultrasound resulted in normal weight for baby!  What good news.  Monday was my final ultrasound.  We've gotten to know our technician pretty well and we all had to laugh when the results came up that at just shy of 37 weeks Charlotte's projected weight it 8lbs 3 oz.  Now they are asking me things like "do you have genstational diabetes?".  And telling me my baby is BIG.  Sigh.




Needless to say I am fairly huge at this point.  I quickly bypassed the cute little waddle and moved into the full on heffer waddle this week.  Yikes.  I was not this big last time.  I literally can't get my arms around myself.  I had an appointment today for a normal check and when she measured my stomach she said - well you are measuring as if you are carrying  a 95% percentile baby in there.  So nice of her to phrase it that way.

I am so thankful though!!  I wouldn't trade my size (perhaps the gestational diabetes question) for anything just to know that we've made it the final weeks and I don't have to be faced with a baby that isn't growing.  I am going on the diet to ensure that if I have perhaps gotten late onset GD I will be managing it, but with only about a week and half left they thought it would be silly to do all the tests and monitoring.

So for now I waddle, I don't sleep and I complain about my hips . . . any look forward to the big day!