Sunday, September 18, 2011

Celebrating 5!!!

In preparation for Charlotte's arrival we decided to give Addy the choice of having her birthday day party with her friends a little early or a little later since it will be so close to the baby's arrival.  Addy decided an early September birthday would be perfect and that Blackhills Gymnastics was the place.

There were a ton of friends there - it was great to celebrate together with some of the new kids in her class and meet the parents and also get to hang out with long term friends we've made through Addy's school.


 Addy decided on an Ariel themed party.  The cake was beautiful!














Here are a couple of the shots before we left for the party.  Addy was so excited to go.  It was a long couple of days leading up to the party for her.  She was having trouble waiting. :)



At first I struggled about having a party away from the house - it was the first time.  But with the pregnancy I knew I couldn't do it here wthout killing myself.  And I have to say it is so much easier in a lot of ways.  Addy was thrilled and I think overall it went well.  It sure was nice to come home to a clean house and not have to spend hours cleaning up.  I was able to put my feet up and relax after for a little bit.

I can't believe we are celebrating Addy's 5th birthday this year.  As we prepare for Charlotte it makes me remember so vividly the early days with Addy.  It doesn't seem that long ago.  We'll do a family party on her real birthday to celebrate her very speical day - but for now she can enjoy the memories of a very fun friends party!  Thanks to everyone that came and helped with the party.  It was a special event!