Monday, September 26, 2011

Finally Ready

And finally, this post gives me much pride . . . there was one definite sign of being ready for the new baby.  It wasn't a finished nursery or extra diapers.  For us it was actually getting our dining room (aka junk room, staging area, "crap holder" - inside joke) in working condition again.

Here is what it has looked like for about 7 months - I am totally not kidding.  There were times that I wasn't allowed to walk through it because the tripping and falling hazards were too great for a prego girl.


And to think this is the first thing that you see when you walk into our house.  I am surprised my Mom didn't get hives every time she came over.  I know both Scott and I would have break down moments that this room would never get clean again.  But, I am so happy to show you this . . .



It is a clean and uncluttered room!  Wow.  I truly didn't think it would happen.  I was half expecting to go into labor out of sheer joy at getting this done.  So now we are ready. :)

And as an added bonus over the last couple of weeks we got a few other major house projects wrapped up and we got ourselves decorated for fall.  It feels nice to be settled before we bring baby home.

I found this wonderful old dresser at Goodwill about a year ago and we've been meaning to move it into the house for ages.  I love it.  It is scratched and imperfect and so perfect. :)  Now I have a staging piece for the front hallway so that I put out some seasonal decor.  And we got some pics up in the front hallway - after 8 years we actually have a welcoming front entry.  Crazy.


We replaced the kids toys and table on either side of the fireplace with these cute IKEA cabinets, I just need to get baskets for them.  Again gives us a place to put up some photos and seasonal type decor.  It has really opened the room up and given it a much more grown up look.




Don't worry Addy will still have some toys out in the main room and her table is now just to one side.  And on top of all that we actually have the pack n play ready in our room.  A place for baby!! 


All of this probably seems like a no brainer but honestly there were weeks that went by during my pregnancy that I failed to believe any one of these things will ever be accomplished.  And I sit here with one day to go and am feeling blessed we got so much accomplished.

I feel ready.  Okay, perhaps I am really feeling anxious and nervous about Wednesday, but just imagine how much more worse I would be feeling if we hadn't gotten this stuff done.