Friday, October 07, 2011

5

I find that this post is a little hard to write today - I am home with my newborn and still pretty emotional.  But, this week was a very big week for us . . . and I don't just mean our first week with our new little girl Charlotte.

Our daughter Addy turned five.  As you know we did a big party celebration a few weeks ago since we knew we'd be otherwise occupied with new baby.  We had a small family party Wednesday night to celebrate - pictures below.

It has been a little bit surreal thinking about 5 years ago when we just went through the same thing a week ago.  In many ways I think this made it even more special because we were reliving so many of the feelings and excitement of Addy's birth.  And even the challenges of a c-section and bringing home a newborn.

I truly can't find the words to describe how amazing my Addy Bear is and how much I love this little 5 year old person!  She is a true blessing to us.  Even with a new baby, she continues to wow me with her loving and thoughtful personality.  Addy has many different aspects to her personality but at this moment the things that stand out the most are her creative interests and her quest for learning.

Addy is so creative.  She can't get enough of coloring, cutting, taping, and creating things.  A day doesn't go by that she doesn't make some crazy thing.  Lately she has a rock named Charlie that she makes clothes and toys for.  She loves to make things for all of us.  Right now we have signs posted in the front hallway she made that says how much she loves us.  She made Charlotte her very own Ya-Ya out of paper.  I hope she always keeps this love of being creative.  I love to watch her work and see how she figures out ways to do different things.  She continues her love affair with tape!

Addy loves to learn new things.  She is constantly asking questions and exploring different and new interests.  Scott and I love finding new activities and interests to share with Addy.  Scott especially is great at finding different things to spark her interest.  She is working on her kindergarten skill sets and loves to solve puzzles and other types of games.

Addy has strong opinions and isn't easily swayed - she is definitely going to grow into an independent girl.  (Which I love!)  Addy loves to go to TJ's and find Big Foot or the bookstore to read books.  She loves to snuggle and get tucked in by her Mommy and Daddy.  I am so thankful she loves to be affectionate and enjoys little hugs and snuggles.

I am so thankful for this lovely little girl.  We are so lucky to have her in our lives and Charlotte couldn't ask for a better big sister.  So, here is to 5 wonderful years with my lovely little Bear.  I wish so much for her and will do everything I can to make sure her dreams come true.  I love you Addy Bear!


Not sure what was up with the gansta posin'.



This is Addy talking with Grammy and Plumbly in AZ.  Having a happy birthday chat!






Blowing out her 5 candles.  It was so nice to share the special evening with the Peltons and Grandma and Grandpa.  Charlotte enjoyed the party too.  Addy was so tired at the end of the night - but she took the time to say a prayer and she talked about how special her birthday was. :)