Monday, March 14, 2011

Milestones

There is nothing like those special milestones . . . not just the fun ones, like walking and talking though.  I really love those difficult milestones that show tenacity and commitment, on the part of Addy and us as parents.  This weekend, even while I was sick as a dog still, Scott jump started Addy on the way to yet another milestone.  And the girl pasted with flying colors.

I admit we've been pretty strict parents when it comes to most things - we never caved on sleeping issues, or let up on schedule issues, even during travel.  The one thing we've been super lenient on is the binky.  Addy still sleeps with one.  I couldn't bear to force her to give it up.  It keeps her a little toddler in my mind.  Really.  Its me.  I am the only mother in the world that didn't want my baby out of diapers.  Another sign she was still little.  Pathetic I know.

So, this weekend Scott and Addy decided it was time.  She made a bag for the her binkies and we put it on the porch for the binky fairy. 



There was the promise of a great gift by the binkie fairy.  And the binky fairy delivered!


Boy, the tooth fairy is gonna have some high expectations.

So even though I bawled at least three times this weekend over my little one growing up, Addy sailed through and was so proud of her big girl status.  Gosh, I love this kid.