Sunday, March 20, 2011

Arizona or Bust

Well . . . bust it is!  As many of you know we were scheduled to fly to Arizona yesterday to visit family.  All of us were so looking forward to the visit.  Scott and Chris getting to celebrate their birthday together for the first time in like 15 years, Addy getting to see her cousins, meeting Alexie . . . knife to the heart people.  Because it is all my fault that we aren't going.  I am just so sick with nausea I can't hardly function.  So, my family both here and in Arizona were amazingly stand up people and were okay when I panicked Friday night and realized there is no way I can make this trip right now.  Really . . . would you like to see what I spend my time doing?



I sit here.  All the time.  It looks like I peed the couch, thankfully I haven't done that yet.  It is just permanently indented from my butt sitting in the same spot all the time.

Here I am today, off the couch . . . to unpack. :( 



And since I am off work anyway, I lose my leave if I don't take it this week . . . this is what my house looks like on Sunday night.  Seriously.  It never looks like this on a Sunday night.  And as I sit in my spot on the couch and tell myself I have time I don't have to clean it because I am not going to work tomorrow, I am sweating. 


Okay, so that is the sad part of the story . . . its occurred to me that I have been focusing a lot on the sad parts lately.  Kick in the behind to me.  It could be a lot worse.  Look at all the things you have to be thankful for:

I am sick for a very good reason.  Keep your eye on the prize. 

My husband and daughter are willing to give up things they want (like Arizona) to support me in my time of need.  And even sick, my husband will take Addy upstairs to play scoobydoo wii so I can relax.

My parents - bless them!  Every day I am so thankful  to have my parents.  Last week they make St. Patrick's Day so fun for Addy with surprise gifts.  My little girl is so lucky!  They are always willing to help - with anything.  Thank you!

My AZ family - not one word of censure over the last minute decision.  Thank you!  You all are such a wonderful part of our lives and I can't wait to see you.  I am sad we aren't there with you now, but hopeful that soon we will have a wonderful visit.

My friends - who I am neglecting terribly.  I promise I will be better one day and we can hang out and I owe everyone coffee or tea or a martini . . . just knowing you are there is wonderful to my miserable self.

And my Kindle!  Did I tell you Scott got me one for Christmas?  It is my new BFF right now.  I love it, love it, love it.  If you are thinking about it - take the plunge.  So worth it.  I could do a post just about it.  If I can lose myself in a book long enough I can fade away from the constant annoyance of the nausea for a few minutes - heaven.

Looking forward to a restful week.  Perhaps a little work, but also some rest time for me.  I can be a true hermit.  Perhaps I can watch a buffy marathon.  Oh, isn't that a grand idea?