Friday, September 18, 2009

10

Today Scott and I celebrated our ten year anniversary. Ten years ago we said our "I do's" and rode off into the sunset to live happily ever after. 15 years ago this month Scott and I started this crazy adventure together dating as freshmen in college.

As a way to celebrate this memorable occasion, here are my top 10 things I love about my marriage:

10. Partners. We survived the frying pan argument in college and found a way to create a meaningful partnership. (It was close, an egg pan almost ended this beautiful relationship.)

9. Adventures. Regardless whether it is handling crazy times (flooded kitchens) or seeking a new thrill together, like travels - Scott is always willing to find new adventures with me or turn the ordinary into a fun adventure too!

8. Family. We are blessed with amazing family and friends (we call family) that surround and support us. And provide amazing role-models for a strong, working partnership.

7. Someone to put up with my uniqueness . . . heavy metal, blistex freak-outs, wrestling, Gymboree addictions! Scott even survived the dreaded musical night, the Pirate Movie debacle, and has seen Ghostbusters about a gazillion times.

6. Challenge. Scott challenges me and inspires me with his mind and spirit. I love a good challenge.

5. Joy. We have joy in our lives. Living, laughing, learning . . . with joy.

4. Disney. Like duh!!!????

3. Travels. A partner to explore and learn with . . . willing to go new places and try new things. (Lets never try the tower in Boston again, I thought we were going to die! Or Packwood either.)

2. Addison.

1. Comfort. My home, my love, my life!

Thanks for 10 wonderful years of marriage and 15 wonderful years of growing together.