Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving Morning

This is a great opportunity to remember all the things we are so thankful for . . . all the friends and family we have! This has been a very special year for us, and friends and family have made it that much better. So thank you for your kindness, love, and support! We are so thankful for each other, our house full of animals and our very special little girl Addison!

Now, for those of you that know me well you might need to take a deep breath before reading further. This is a monumental holiday for us in the Daukas-Todorovich household because I volunteered and have carried through with my promise to cook for the holiday. Not the whole meal of course, lets not be crazy. But, I am making three items for the big meal tonight. Actually I finished a bourbon-chocolate pecan pie last night, then today I am making a special cider recipe and sage, suasage and apple dressing!

For those that don't know me as well - you might think it is silly that this is such a big deal. It really is!! I am challenged in the area of all things domestic - I am not particularly good at anything in this area and I don't enjoy most domestic activities either. Two years ago my New Years resolution was to embrace my "domestic goddess" and I gave my self a list of things to accomplish that year - and I actually did quite well. I cooked some things, I sewed, I did household projects . . . and it was the most challenging resolution I ever had. Even during that year I never attempted to make anything substancial for a holiday meal.

But here I am with a 7 week old - contributing to Thanksgiving dinner. I figured it is the only time I would be home well ahead of time to think about it and mentally prepare enough to take on the challenge. I feel strong, I feel determined, and I feel really proud - bring on Thanksgiving dinner . . . I will meet the challenge.

(I'll let you all know how it turns out on the other side.)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!!!!