Wednesday, November 08, 2006

One Month

Hi All!

I am happy to report that as of last Sunday we made it to the one month mark with our newest addition. I've seen so many changes in her this last week. First of all and most important we went in for a weight check last week and she has gained almost 2 lbs from her lowest weight! We were so happy to hear that - she was pretty scrawny. She was 9 pounds and 1 ounce on Halloween, and she is growing in weight and length every day. She is especially long!

She is more alert now and at least 2 or 3 times a day we are able to put in some play time with toys and cuddles and tummy time. She can focus on us now, smiles when we give her neck kisses and coo at her and she is trying desperately to make noises for us.

Scott made it through his first week back to work and I made it alone with Addison. We did pretty darn well. I am still trying to find my groove at home - I figure it will settle in right as I am headed back to work. :)

We celebrated her one month birthday with friends and family stopping by! She was the star of the show. Below I've included some new updated photos. Including her one month picture with the bear. If you get a chance go back and look at her one week picture with the bear - she has really grown and changed. Our little girl is growing up already!! Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I can get Addison into the photographer for real pictures. (I can't figure out the secret because she goes to sleep in the car and I can't get her to be alert after that - so I don't understand how to get her to the photographer and wake her up without her totally fussing.) This parenting this is hard work.

Hope you all have a great finish to your week and we love hearing from you - so let us know what you are up to.


Here is a great picture of Addison. My Dad caught this picture on Monday night when they came over to watch the Monday Night Football game (go Seahawks).



Here is a family photo on Addison's 1 month birthday. (I didn't get a shower in that day - it figures that would be the day everyone wants a family photo.)



Addison looks pretty in pink!



Addison's one month picture with the bear! She has grown so much!