Monday, November 27, 2006

The Domestic Goddess Lives Again

As I reported before the big Thanksgiving dinner I was going to be trying out three recipes and actually trying to cook at the big event. I am sure you've all been dying to hear how it all turned out . . . I am happy to report I was successful with all three items!!

Surprising I know!

My cider turned out well and served as a mid-day beverage break for the family. The stuffing was not that terrible to make and it turned out very good. Cranberries, toasted walnuts, apples, it was really good. And the chocolate bourbon pie tasted good. It may have stuck to the pie plate a bit (like it took two hours of soaking to get the crust out) but the taste was good!! I don't like to toot my own horn, but toot toot! The domestic goddess is still hidden away in here somewhere. (We won't really talk about how after about 10 years of mashing the potatoes and doing it fine each year, I somehow added too much milk and turned them into soup - I wasn't actually in charge of those from the get go so I don't consider that to be my fault. I had other things to focus on, a goddess can only be spread so thin right?)

We had a nice Thanksgiving with family and got a chance to get the house decorated up for Christmas. Still trying to get the elusive family shot for christmas cards, Addison is not interested in staying awake, happy and dressed up for the time it takes to get a picture organized. Here are a couple of shots from Thanksgiving.

Here is the stuffing ready to go into the oven. I figured there are those out there who wouldn't believe it unless you saw an actual picture of it.


Addy with Grandma T. The yellow sweater she's wearing was one that I used to wear when I was the same age.