Saturday, October 14, 2006

The First Week

Hi All!

Okay, everyone tries to prepare you but I don't think you can really be prepared for how dificult it is to bring home a newborn. I have an amazing husband who is right in the mix with me and between the two of us I still feel out of it. We had a few really good nights with Addison and then one really terrible night resulting in perhaps 1 hour of sleep. I really didn't know I could be so tired and emotionally exhausted.

I cry all the time (apparently this is normal), I hurt from the surgery but then I take one look at little Addy and I can't believe how lucky I am. Anyway, enough of my 1 week crazy ramblings. I am going to post a few shots here.

This one is just a cute picture of her sleeping. Aren't her cheeks cute?





A wise person suggested I pick a stuffed animal and photograph Addison once in a while to chart her growth. So this is her one week photo. My great friends Ann, Allison and Joni got Addison this wonderful bear.





After we got Addison's shot our dog Ollie decided it was his turn!!