Monday, October 28, 2013

A 7 year old room . . . at last

We started redecorating Addy's room about 6 months ago.  Its been a long process.  I think primarily its because I have two jobs.  Its a killer.  But after getting her new big bed about 6 months ago, painting about two months ago, we finally closed the deal and got all her wall decor and closet mostly done.  She's happy with her new room.  I of course didn't get pictures when it was totally cleaned up.  But here are a few quick bad light shots.


I've had my eye on the black IKEA frame forever.  I about jumped up and down when I found one on the clearance shelves the last time my mom and I were there.  Three bucks with no mirror - perfect for what we wanted.  Addy saw this same type of wall art in a pottery barn catalog for lots and lots of money.  I managed to recreate it for $5.  So much better!



 I still have a fun curtain to hang around her reading chair, but its awaiting some ceiling work.  (Hence the empty wall space there.)  And her closet is just about finished - she has a really awesome jewelery table area, feeling a little jealous. :)  I need to get one of those battery operated under the counter lights for her closet so it is easier to see.  Its been a long, but fun process pulling things together that Addy had ideas about . . . she wanted something purple and girlie!  But with some bold black for a little bit of attitude.


New (super bright for reading) lamp and dessert tray I got at a swap meet add some bling to the room. 

This room is filled with places for her to hang her art work and pictures.  There is lots of places to stash jewelry and trinkets - which makes her so happy.  And most importantly we added more space for more books by cleaning out her book shelf on all the non-book stuff stashed in there.