Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Reading and Writing

Just thought I would share some random Addy stuff tonight.  Addy's school work is going so well.  Her report card was excellent!  Her handwriting is improving so much:

Addy continues to do great work at school and brings her quest for knowledge home most nights.  Tonight we worked on telling time.  Its so fun to watch her process things and work them through her mind.  I enjoy it tremedously.  Nevermind I forgot to feed the poor girl dinner - oops!

Have I mentioned she loves to read?  It brings my heart so much joy as a reader myself.  As I think about the joy reading will bring her throughout life, its awesome.  I don't mind the piles and piles and piles of books we end up with, before moving to the kindle I had piles of my own that looked really similar.  In her room every available surface is covered with books.  The fall behind her bed and down on the floor and flow under her dresser.  The down side is poor Charlotte sometimes slips and falls on them.  And they aren't contained to her room.



On any given night you will find piles in the car, in the playroom, on the couch and in the car.  Last night I found a pile of books in my closet.  She will reread ones she's read.  Now we are working on comprehension and looking for more challenging books to expand her vocabulary.

Grandpa's got some flashcards for Addy next time she's over . . . we aim to water that thirst for knowledge!