Saturday, May 05, 2012

We have a problem . . .

There was a time when this cluster would bother me.  I remember I used to be so excited to move out the baby stuff when Addy was transitioning through her stages.  Anything I could do to hide, store or pack all her stuff gave me a sense of pleasure.  Getting my house back over the last couple of years was really nice.

And then we started all over again.  And most days my house looks like this:


I always have Charlotte's stuff shoved around the room.  I try my best to keep it to the sides and cleaned up.


By mid-day there are always spots like this in the house where she's been playing and I have her pillow bumpers out.


And another area this afternoon in her room.


My counters in the kitchen always have various baby stuff spread out on them.


The inevitable carseat and high chair stuff on the kitchen table, mixed in with some crafting and toys of Addy's.  I am not kidding when I say that I am pretty sure since Charlotte has come we haven't all sat down and eaten at this table together more then once, mostly because its always so full.


Confession time - Charlotte is still sleeping in her pack n play in our room.  Not because she needs to but because I like it and I don't want to move her.  It means she's getting too big and grown up.


Today once again I had to go through and clean out her clothes and switch out sizes.  She is officially out of all the 6-12 month and 9 month clothes and into her 12 month and 12-18 month sizes.  I should be happy to get rid of all these clothes.  Instead I am hoarding them, stuffing them under the crib so I don't have to face the reality of giving them away.


Here's the deal people.  I have a problem.  I can't seem to help myself.  I don't want this baby to grow up any time soon.  I say to heck with a clean and neat house, to heck with decluttering, to heck with getting rid of old clothes.  So, if you come over and you are wondering why I still have all the 4 oz bottles, newborn clothes and a pack n play in my room - at least you will be prepared.  :)  Maybe because when I had Addy I knew subconsciously we weren't shutting the door on any more kids it was easier to let go of each phase.  But this time around I just want her to slow down and let me enjoy each little thing more.

Gosh I love this little one!!  What a blessing she is for us.  I couldn't be more blessed with these toy lovely little ladies in my life!!  Love you Addy Bear and Charlotte!