Monday, December 26, 2011

Its a Sister Thing

Everyone always asks me "how is Addy with the baby?".  Fair question - she might be annoyed with an infant, jealous of time spent with Charlotte that used to be hers, or acting out to get more attention.

In reality none of those things have happened - at least not yet.  I am so proud to say that Addy is a wonderful big sister.  She is very aware of Charlotte and looks out for her in every situation.  She will always take a moment out from play time or playing with friends to say hi to her sister.  She is always willing to play with Charlotte or help me do something for the baby.  It is pretty much the most amazing thing to watch.  I am so proud of her!

I've been making an effort to catch their interactions more, for my own keepsakes but also because some are just plain hysterical.  See below:


Addy and Charlotte playing together.  Meanwhile I am making my stupid voices and faces to get Charlotte to look at me and smile.  Addy decides to help me out with the smile part.



It doesn't really happen and Addy is disappointed.


Charlotte . . . well I am not sure she knows what the heck is going on.




Here is one morning that we all hung out in our pajamas and watched Alvin and the Chipmunks.



And then sometimes the girls get to have some friends over.  Taryn and Issac watching some Curious George with the girls.

These two are pretty sweet together.


Thanks Addy for being such an amazing big sister.  I love you to pieces.