Monday, November 05, 2012

Halloweenie 2012

Seems like lately I have been a step behind . . . and this is no exception.  A bit late on the Halloween post for sure.  There are a number of things that contribute to this situation.  Charlotte has been struggling with teething and on-going illness.  She started her third round of anti-biotics on Halloween night.  Poor thing!  But let me back up a moment.

Lets start by saying I am a freak - yup, I am just admitting that up front.  What was Charlotte for Halloween you ask - ummmmm, I couldn't really pick because somehow I had three costumes for her.  I had Addy's old chick costume, the new chick costume I bought when she was a newborn and on sale and then once Addy got her outfit I had to find a matching outfit for Charlotte.    Just for fun we got out costumes a few days early to play with and Charlotte alternated between enjoying and hating her chick costume.  The three of us thought it was ADORABLE.




Our primary goal was to ensure that Addy's Daphne costume worked and to get the hair into place before the big night.

A couple days before Halloween Charlotte came off of round two of anti-biotics and within 24 hours her eyes were a mess again and she was going downhill.  So, back to the doctor on halloween and finally I think we figured out whats really been going on with our pumpkin.  Instead of trick or treating it was off to the pharmacy to get the meds and get them in her system as soon as possible.  But, we thought since Addy was all dressed in her Daphne costume we had to get at least a couple of her friend scooby-doo.  We got Charlotte into her costume - super cute.



Getting Scooby to stop long enough for a picture didn't really work.  Here is the best we got.  What do you expect for a dog, right?




So off Addy and I went to join our best buddies for our 5th annual trick or treat night and Charlotte and Daddy headed to the store for the perscription.  Everyone at Safeway thought Scooby was pretty darn cute.

Addy and I had a great time with our friends and she scored enough candy to have her complaining her bag was too heavy to carry half-way through the night.  Glad to say that Charlotte is continuing to improve over the last few days - we shall see if she can maintain once she gets off the meds.  Lets hope.  Loved seeing all the costumes and fun from all of you!