Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Waterfalls at 4am

Somebody in our household doesn't mind a little rain, or even a lot of rain like we've been getting lately!  I still marvel at having a big dog that recklessly runs into the rain storms, romping and rolling in the wet grass.  Our doxies will do many naughty things in an attempt to stay dry.  As my floors can atest, Biscuit loves the rain.



I can also tell you that rain storms are not kind to our bedroom - our window has a problem.  A big, wet problem.  In the rainstorms this week we found the window not just dripping but providing us with a waterfall in the middle of the night.  We were attempting to use towels, paper towels, and plastic to deal with it at like 4am.  At one point Scott asked what I thought about something in the middle of the crisis and I think my answer was "I don't know honey I am beyond rational thought . . . "  We do have a 7 week old in the house.  When you awaken not by that 7 week old but rather the waterfall in your room it sucks!!




And here is my Dad's tools, he was out there the next day in the storm sheeting up plastic to help us.  What a hero!!  And of course Biscuit was all to happy to frolic in the rain to "help".  Even Cinammon braved the weather to spend time with her favorite person in the whole world - my Dad.


Gotta love the pacific northwest in November.  Rain pouring, wet soggy leaves tracked into the house and temps cold enough to make the rain a painful thing.  I complain, but secretly I love it.  All the more reason to stay inside, eat and be merry this holiday season.  :)  The waterfall in the bedroom . . . not so much.