Sunday, July 03, 2011

Preparations

I will admit that we haven't been focused on getting ready for our new addition.  It seems like life is so busy.  Slowly we are moving in the right direction - I think.

A few weeks ago some friends and I got together to work on burp clothes.  I of course was not prepared and didn't get a lot of it done that day - but I got to help Melinda with hers.  So fun - she is due with a baby boy any day now.  I finally got around to getting out my machine and getting started.

I have about half of my wash clothes and burp clothes completed.  I will keep a bunch and also have some to give as gifts to friends.  We have about a ton of friends pregnant right now.  I have a lot more to go, but it was really fun to see a finished product.


Today we started really getting down to the fun stuff.  Moving furniture, sorting stuff and planning space for baby were all on the agenda.


Making room for furniture to be moved around.  It is amzazing how much stuff can be crammed into one room.  We are turning our den into the baby's room and trying to empty that room is a chore.


Sorting clothes in the closet to free up room.  Check out my amazing feat . . .


That is right I condensed my clothes down to one shelf to make room for Scott's things in our closet.


Look the baby's closet is starting to empty out!! The games are already gone too now.


Now, I wouldn't want anyone to look at this post and think that we have it all together . . . least you feel bad, here is a shot of real life - our garage in real time. 


Just when you think you've got it all together. :)