Saturday, July 23, 2011

Getting Organized - yeah right!


Around the house we are continuing to attempt to rearrange and get a room ready.  This has been the constant state of our dining room for a few months now.  It is the sorting area, staging area, dumping area and all around collection point.  Some day it might look normal again?



I also have been working on a craft project for the little one.  My friend Courtney inspired me to make my own burp clothes and wash clothes.  It has been a fun project.  Although I am not very fast so it has been coming together over the course of time.  I am almost done with all of them now.  I made enough so that I can give some away to other friends having babies too!


Here are the wash clothes - they are all done.  They came out in random sizes because I used all the left over material.

Here are my burp clothes - I have about 4 left to finish.  Some have cream backing and some have pink - I like how they turned out.  Just don't look too close at the stitching.  I am neither a patient sewer or perfectionist when it comes to these projects.  It was great to spend time with friends Courtney, Evelyn and Melinda as we prepared and got started.  Melinda just had her little guy Owen and now she is putting these things to good use.


I think I've got the colors and fabric ready . . . here is a sneak peek.  Now I have a lot more work to do to get the nursery ready.  Well, me and my mom!!


And finally I've been washing and sorting baby clothes.  It is pretty fun to go back and remember Addy so tiny.  Addy has been so into looking at the clothes and seeing her pictures in these different clothes when she was just a baby.



I have the hardest time attempting to capture a picture . . . here is my latest effort at about 29 weeks. So this is about a week ago or so. Measuring big already, which is the same as last time.