Saturday, January 01, 2011

Resolution 2011

As 2010 closed out last night I couldn't help but breathe a sigh of relief. This is the first year that I can recall feeling ready to close it out and focus forward on the future quite so strongly.

Explore Washington was a surprising success. Given the unexpected things that arose both personally and professionally I wasn't sure we'd get much of a chance to explore. Instead of not getting to explore, we found we explored in different ways. I was picturing weekend trips across the state. This was replaced with exploring local towns around the area I had never been too. Having coffee with friends in a cute little coffee house, eating at a local diner, finding a hidden park we didn't know about.

When we started talking about all the new things we'd found out about our local area - we were pretty excited - there is a ton!! I'll try to post more about some of these discoveries, since I didn't do a good job documenting them. Many were unplanned (and all the more special for it) and I was without camera and I didn't bother to take notes as we went.

Its time to look forward. I feel the excitement of a new resolution. I'll share it soon . . . but here is a hint. It is all around me, its 7 years old and its not something I am good at. :)