Saturday, July 10, 2010

A new view

Here is an obvious sign that shows how busy I have been. For Mother's Day and my birthday (a little early) I got two amazing gifts about 3 weeks ago. One is still sitting in the box, waiting for the glorious moment when I actually have enough time to open it, find a place for it and use it- and what a glorious moment that will be. More on that later. (Its not a grasshopper!!)

The other gift was a super nice, much coveted, SLR camera. Woo Hoo!! I finally have gotten it ready and today I actually took it on an outing to try it out. (Is it weird that I actually was scared to take it out of the house and use it?) Addy and I got to spend the morning at Lattin's with our friends Hillary and Lexi. We had such a great time!

We got to eat apple fritters (yum) and see all the animals:



This was so funny. They have this rigged so you can pull down the bucket, fill it with food and then the goats know how to pull it up again and get the food out of the bucket. It was so funny to watch. The goat could barely wait for you to put food in before he'd be pulling it back up. The girls (actually us mom's more then the little ones) were pretty impressed.

Here are the girls pulling down the bucket:

Filling it with food:

Here the goat is, pulling up the bucket by tugging on the rope with its mouth:

You can see the bucket getting closer:

Victory!


Some riding:


And then we played a game of hide and seek. How cute are they?

Clearly good times had by all! Thanks for coming with us!