Saturday, May 15, 2010

Mother's Day Magic


For Mother's Day my wonderful Mom took Addy and I to Disneyland!! How great of a Mother's Day is that? We were at the happiest place on earth to celebrate. We had a wonderful 6 day trip. We got to spend lots of time at the parks and spent one day at the beach too. For the most part (return flight cancelled and delayed at the airport an extra few hours) the travel was good, Addy did well and outside of a little too much sun and sunscreen - we had a GREAT trip!



We are still unpacking and recovering - but I wanted to get a few pics up!


We did the princess breakfast the first morning - what a fabulous event. Great food, all the pretty little ones in their princess costumes, and all the princesses . . . it was magical. Addy continued to talk about it the entire trip. Clearly it was a highlight for her.

Another highlight for me was that Addy was tall enough to tackle a few more rides. She was able to do the Matterhorn and Splash Mountain (two of my all time favorite rides). And was she scared of either of them? Heck no. This girl is a thrill seeker. As soon as we completed the huge drop on Splash Mountain Addy said "lets go on this again". And she giggled (not kidding) through all of the Matterhorn. :) Man, I love this kid! Here we are on Splash:

We saw lots of characters. We did the autograph book thing, and that went okay. We had to keep it away from Addy because she wanted to scribble over every signature! But, she seemed to enjoy getting the signatures.


(We saw a ton of characters and some multiple times, I will spare everyone all the pictures.)

But I have to share these. Addy really wanted a doll at the park one day and so we picked out this super cute Minnie Mouse doll. She was hooked. At breakfast one morning at Goofy's Kitchen, Addy was treated to a visit of hugs and snuggles from Minnie herself. How cute is this??


I am always amazed at the thoughtfulness, caring and joy of the characters. They are so wonderful with the kids and even the adults. They are patient and kind every time. It must be so hot and frustrating at times and it never shows.

I always love the landscapes at Disney parks. Just sitting and looking around is a joy. Soon we'll have flowers like this here:


The babies have arrived and there were about 5 disney staff watching that these guys got a safe crossing. No fear there, I think the whole park stopped to get a shot and cheer them on their way.

One evening we headed back for a relaxing tea party at the room. Mom did a great job putting together a wonderful tea party.

We got to see a couple of parades. I LOVE parades. The anticipation, the build-up and the delivery is always worth it.


We had wonderful weather. Sunny and warm!

Addy had a wonderful princess bed to sleep in each night. And she made sure her babies were just as cozy as she was.

Grandma to the rescue. I can't do tea cups.

We got a chance to hit the hotel pool.

My oh my! I forgot what a beach outside of Washington looks like. Beautiful! Brown sand, blue/green waters and blue sky. Not a shade of gray in sight. Amazing. (I still love our beaches better - really!) But it was really nice!




Thanks Mom for such a fun-filled week! Addy and I had the best time and made so many great memories we won't forget.