Monday, August 17, 2009

Pet Parade


One of my very favorite childhood memories is of my Mom taking me to the Pet Parade. Many years my best friends Marta and Britta joined us. Sometimes it was really cold and sometimes rainy. It was always fun! We took Addy this year to the 80th Annual Pet Parade. We had lots of fun checking out the pets and people.

Addy awaiting the parade coming around the corner:

Had to give a shout out to the Star Wars family (since I am a Star Wars geek myself):


Check out the doxies, they are clydesdales pulling a Budweiser cart. Too cute.


For traditions sake we had to get some hot chocolate to keep warm.


Ponies too!


And just in case you ever doubted she's my girl, here is little bear - with her blistex!


Addy thought that the animals were okay. But what was really great was the candy people tossed out. Addy was definitely sure that was the best part of the event.