Sunday, May 10, 2009

Y OTG # 2

All hope is not lost (at least I think its not lost). A beautiful weekend and a good napping Addy gave me a chance to get the backyard pots ready to go!


But first my Year of the Gardener (YOTG) was helped when the gardening fairy came for visit early in the week and planted all my front pots for me. Thanks Mom!!! They are perfect!

And on Saturday my parents came over to celebrate mother's day and Addy and Grandma gave the front pots some TLC.

Then I went to work in the backyard. And I want everyone to know this was not easily accomplished. I stood in line last night at Freddie Freakin' Meyers for an hour waiting to check out with my $10 coupon clutched in my sweaty hand. Miserable . . . I think I got home and started unloading pots at 10pm. The wine I had with dinner had worn off by that time and I was not loving the planting idea.

But, like the tough girl I am, I did it . . . here are some shots:

My new "big" pots. :) I heart them!




Lovin' the Gerber Daisies (please let me keep them alive, they are oh so pretty).


Isn't she gorg? This is a Mother's Day gift from my parents. I am a very lucky girl!


The patio. I can't wait for everything to fill in and grow tall. Come on sunshine. I don't have to wish for rain - I know that is coming. (Like allllllllllllll week long.)


And this is a major break through for me. Every year I buy bulbs and never plant them. I toss them out once they are old and moldy. I am sure you can just hear Scott talking about wasted money. This year I planted them. And lot they have sprouted and are growing. :) Woo Hoo!!



If Biscuit so much at looks at one of my pots, I will have a very lovely puppy for anyone interested in a nice family pet with gardening skills. :)

Did I mention my back is killing me . . .