Wednesday, June 05, 2013

My Addy Bear

There is barely a week left of school.  My kindergartener is almost a first grader.  I am so excited for all she's learned and the friends she's made this school year.  On Monday she got a lovely note from the teacher:



A couple of weeks ago Addy participated in a spelling bee.  She was really excited about it and studied her worksheets pretty diligently.  We were both really nervous the day of the spelling bee.  She couldn't sleep the night before.  I was so worried, I just didn't want her to feel bad and start crying when she missed a word.



Look at those adorable kindergarteners!  They looked so sweet and tiny up there.  They all did awesome.  Addy was confident and did a very nice job.  She won first place for her class and got to stay on stage and compete with the first graders.  It broke my heart to see some of her friends so sad when they missed a word. 

She looked even more nervous when the six first graders came up and sat next to her.  And still she was confident and held her own.  She managed to get second place with the first graders!  She came back to us when they were excused and I was bursting with love for this girl.  I loved that she studied.  I loved that she was willing to try.  I loved that she felt bad for her friends that were sad.  I loved that she hugged me tightly and said she was so happy Mommy and Daddy got to come.  I loved that she did so well and her hard work and studies paid off.  I loved that I only cried a little and my sweaty palms finally stopped when she was off the stage.


Addy got all dressed up for her choir concert - and even got to wear heels for the first time.  She was so lovely.  And it was fun to see all the kids dressed up and excited to perform.  And its such a good feeling to sit in the audience and see all the kids in the school - what a tremendous group of students!!  Can't wait to see how Addy grows in this adventure.

Addy got to go watch Sissy in her play - this is a pic of the girls after the performance.  I love that Addy was so proud to watch Sissy on stage and leaned over to me about 10 times saying she wants to be just like her.

What an amazing year.  I am sad to see it end, but excited to watch her continue to grow.  Oh how I love you my Addy Bear!