Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Next Up



In only a few short days my Addy Bear will be 6.  After all the excitement with Charlotte's first birthday, it is now time to reflect a little bit on this very precious girl.  She is a superstar.  Caring, thoughtful, smart, loud, silly and loving all rolled into a package filled with energy, excitment and a new confidence.

The other night I grabbed some shots of Addy and when I looked at them I realized they capture her so well.  First here she is reading.  She got some books for her birthday from Niki and she is busy tearing through them.  Its hard to keep up with her.  She sure enjoys reading and I love how her imagination and interest in all things seems to grow and grow.

Recently she picked out a book on mummies.  I ended up with it one day and I opened it up and read it cover to cover - fascinating.  Did you know a bog is a perfect place for a mummy?  Who would have known that?  I guess Addy and now me.  And you.





She can often sit for an hour at a time and read.  Sometimes she'll go off into a quiet spot by herself and sometimes she will cuddle up while we are doing something.  I love to read and its so exciting to see her love it too.

Then came the yoga and dance.  She is in a jazz/gym class and she was showing me some of the yoga and stretching she's been doing.




And you gotta pull up your pants too.


How do you truly capture these moments of spotaneity, innocence and excitement all rolled into one?  It is the essence of being a child isn't it?  Something pure and sweet that you capture in a moment, but can't artifically recreate.  Do you know that moment, we all feel it once in a while, but there is nothing like it as a child.


More floor work.



Such a darling face to me.  I can't put into words how I feel about it.


And silly time.  Boy do I love my silly time with this one.







And then we put on some Beyonce and got down to business!  This girl loves to let loose.




Joy.


Laughter.


Twirling.


Dancing.


And time for running in crazy circles around the house before bed.  The end.