Monday, May 09, 2011

Back to Me

Oh how I have waited for this day!  I can actually say I am feeling better.  The nausea began to let up about two weeks ago, at which time I got terribly ill with a bacterial infection.  After 4 doctor visits and lots of medication I am feeling more like my old self then I have in months.  Woo hoo!!

So thanks to all of you that have put up with me for the last three months and sorry to those that were cancelled on and missed.  It was a miserable time there for a while.

We have our big ultrasound next week.  Accepting prayers and positive thoughts for a healthy baby! Also taking bets on the gender.  Will it be a boy (that is my guess) or will it be a girl (Addy's guess).  Place your best bet now.  Really looking forward to finding out and starting to think about names, the nursery and getting ready.

Meanwhile life is rolling along.  Remember how excited I was about the royal wedding?  Even though I was very sick I enjoyed every minute of the event.  I was home ill on that day so I got to gorge on 12 hours of coverage, between blowing my nose, coughing and mopping at my eyes.  On the day before I got invited to a high tea at work in celebration.  We were encouraged to where hats.  This is the hat I made for the big event:


Try to ignore the purple pajamas and picture a sophisticated brown dress.  Perfect!  How fun is that?  We need to where more hats.

We finally got to take our trip to Arizona.  About 5 weeks after our first planned trip was cancelled.  More on the trip to follow including lots of pics and highlights.

We returned just in time to have Mother's Day brunch with my parents.  Addy was so proud of the card she made Grandma.
 

It was wonderful to feel well enough to celebrate and enjoy the day with my Mom and family.  What a blessed life I have, sickness and all, I have a wonderful motherwho is a constant inspiration to me, a wonderful daughter who lights up my life, a husband who is my best friend and a little one growing inside me that I can't wait to meet.  Happy Mother's Day to all those wonderful mom's I know.