Monday, July 06, 2009

The 4th

On the morning of the 4th, I always try to reflect for a moment on my country, my freedom, and the many blessings I have in my life. Many times current events help put into perspective my reflections. On Saturday I thought of our soldiers in far away lands, protests and violence in Iran and flag burning. The latter was on my mind because I was going through some old documents a few days ago and found a paper I wrote on the subject way back when. Then I thought about the simple act of blogging and the freedom it represents to us. And the act of defiance it could be. It is amazing to write what I want, when I want to . . .

After my serious reflections we also had some good old fashioned 4th of July fun!





In attempting to help Addy learn how to throw pop-its, I told her to throw them really, really hard to make them pop. This is priceless . . . Addy is really working on throwing this pop-it down hard. She made this face over and over again.


Happy 4th of July to all of you.