Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Not so typical


Sometimes I am amazed at my friends. I didn't grow up like them. I wasn't your average every day girl.

I hated New Kids on the Block - in fact I once tore a poster off my friend's wall and burned it.

I didn't watch 90210. Sleepless in Seattle made me want to throw up.

I made fun of kids that liked Debbie Gibson and Tiffany.

I was sort of a rebel locked in a typical, nice-girl persona. I expressed my anti-social, rebel tendencies in a couple of ways. Listening to really loud, anti-establishment music and wrestling. (All the while getting good grades and staying out of trouble, no wonder my parents were willing to allow these rather bizarre behaviors.)

My Mom found this old collage I made back in 6th grade. Too funny.



I know at least a couple of my friends (Trisha, Charissa) can appreciate some of this. I mean check out Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake! I still have my t-shirt of Brutus too. This was back when it was the WWF and "to be the best, you have to beat the best".