Saturday, January 03, 2009

Resolutions & 2008 Highlights

I, unlike most people, love New Years because it is time to set my resolutions. I thrive on it, own it and try really hard to live it. And what better way then post it - public humiliation is a powerful motivator! :) (Besides Courtney called me out, so I might as well make it official.)

December 31st arrived and the year of the baker officially ended. I feel successful with last years resolution. I am so much more comfortable in the kitchen and baking now! And I think I had some success with my baking activities. I mean this is the girl that 4 years ago embarassed herself in the grocery store by asking a clerk, "so do you have something like Corn Flakes?" and he said, "you mean Cornflakes?" and I said, "well I guess whatever you call them." We stood there for 2 minutes going back and forth, while he looked at me like I was crazy. I didn't actually realize that was the name of a cereal, I thought it was just a term. Now I actually use cake flour, unbleached flour and I know what a zester is for. :)

January 1st launched my new resolution - probably my most terrifying to date - YEAR OF THE GARDENER. Wish me much luck in the coming months. This won't come easy or naturally. :) My parents started me off well with some books and watering supplies - and of course, the bath salts I'll be needing for tired muscles. Love it.

I'll keep you all updated on my progress - or lack there of - I haven't actually done anything yet. Well, I did take the gardening books out of the box and stack them nicely on the table. Step 1 is complete. Only 567 steps left to go.

2008 was a great year filled with a lot of highlights, here are just a couple:

Spending time with family and friends - whether big trips or parties or just hanging out - this is always a highlight for us!

Disney World - of course. I am a disney fanatic after all. Walking in the first day with Addy was magical. Seeing Taylor's face when the princesses came out at Fantasmic was tear worthy. And getting to spend time with so much of our family - Priceless!


Kickin it old school with a killer George Michael concert with Ann and Carrie and later in the year meeting up with Tina (one of my oldest friends) to watch So You Think You Can Dance. Both great - I forgot how much I love concerts.



Watching old heavy metal videos on youtube. (Another opportunity to post a picture of Nikki Sixx.)
Addy - talking, dancing, yelling, and all her funny phrases and antics. Couldn't ask for more!

Looking forward to an interesting and adventurous 2009. Can't wait to see what is next.