Sunday, April 13, 2008

Why I live in Olympia

I don't normally make you read a whole lot on my blog . . . see some pics and send you on your way. But, I have to spend one moment and tell you that I love where I live. Now picture a harsh winter (for these parts), horrific flooding, and more rain in the last few months then you can imagine (especially you all down in AZ). Even in the darkest, dampest moments a true pacific northwesterner will dig deep and hold out for those days that make it all worthwhile. Because I am here to tell you that you haven't experienced a perfect day until you break out of 6 months of rain, haze and cold to see beautiful skies, sparkling green and smell the unmistakable smell of the northwest in the spring. It is truly magical - and a gift to enjoy while it lasts. Friday was a perfect day and it was great timing because Addy was really feeling back to her old self. We got to have a wonderful picnic at the park with the Peltons!

Addy's motor skills are really improving. A month ago she couldn't do this by herself! She goes around and around, up the stairs across to the slide, down the slide (by herself) and back around to the stairs. She never gets enough!


We had a great game of catch going:



Is this girl feeling better or what!?


Even if we have to wait another two months for more we got a sneak peak of why we live in this wonderful place!