Friday, August 10, 2007

Crazy Crawling

I don't think I've ever made a post without a picture . . . but here it goes. I can't resist telling this story. Tonight caps our first week with a baby that is crawling. If you don't have kids - this is a big deal. Sunday night when Addy started crawling the whole dynamic of our household changed and it has been a little crazy. We chase her and intercept her a lot.

Scott left tonight and I was picking some things up around the kitchen while Addy played with some toys around the side of the counter in the family room. You know how there are some chores you do without even thinking about them? Well, I grabbed the dog's water dish to refill. Now, it is important to know that the water dish is Addy's most favorite thing right now, she loves to get her hands into it. Anyway, so I am at the sink filling the dish and I panic because I can hear thump, thump, thump coming from the general area of Addy. I just know she's going for the water dish. And like all the other times I go running around the counter to ensure she doesn't fall in.

As I round the counter I pause because she is heading right for it and the water dish appears to be missing. Immediately I look around, did Addy take it somewhere? Am I that out of it that I didn't catch her clunking that big dish around on the floor?

Now, if you know me at all you know I like to talk to myself and gesture wildly with my hands. So, once I can't seem to figure out what happened to the water dish I mutter some kind of comment and throw my hands up in frustration. At which point the water dish in my hand, full of fresh water, tips and the entire contents pour all over me.

And at that moment Addy looks at me and laughs.