Sunday, April 07, 2013

Easter Time

Its always a safe bet that if you don't hear from me for a week or so, it means someone is sick.  Yup.  That is a good bet 99% of the time.  Charlotte started things off with a high fever and stomach flu on Thursday before Easter.  We got her well enough to enjoy Easter Sunday.  So happy for that!  But then on Monday Scott was down with the same stomach bug and by Tuesday I was out for the count too.  But in between all the stomach flu we had a great opportunity to celebrate Easter. 

Addy and my Mom made this lovely bunny cake together.  We have pictures of me about the same age as Addy making this cake with my Mom.  What sweet memories. 

I took a class on how to make homemade cinnamon rolls a couple weeks ago and put my lessons to the test for Easter.  I was busy whipping up a batch at 10:00pm at night!


Easter dawned beautiful.  Its hard to recall a more glorious morning for Easter.  It was definitely a special blessing for the day.


The Easter Bunny left some eggs in the front yard for the girls.  So they scrambled out in their pjs to check it out.




It took a few minutes but Charlotte got the hang of it.  She also liked picking up and throwing the eggs around.



The Easter Bunny is pretty great - he also brought matching jammies for the girls.  So, they did a quick wardrobe change.  And then it was time for their Easter baskets.  Charlotte zeroed in on the new cup I put in there and never looked back.  The morning was all about the new cup with a built in straw.


Addy is such a darling.  She was so patient, showing Charlotte each item in her basket.


Addy enjoyed her basket too!

Of course, we had to celebrate Grandpa's birthday too!!


I hope you all had a lovely Easter!