Monday, August 20, 2012

Pathetically Cliched

Brace yourself . . . no pictures people.  I know, what good is a post without pictures?  They will come.  I just can't get motivated to download any tonight. Here is my problem:  I am having a complete come apart.  I mean it.  And its killing me because I always prided myself on being way better then all those pathetic moms going on and on about this topic.  Seriously, get over it! - I used to think when I would see the pictures and read about it. 

But now it is happening to me.

I've been telling myself that Addy is having a hard time, and blaming every tear and issue on the coming changes.  I think I am the one that can't handle the change.  I actually had a nightmare about it last night.

Addy is starting kindergarten in two weeks.

And it feels like life as I know it is coming to an end.  I can't handle it.  I am blubbering as I type this. Really. Sniff.  Sniff.

And I always made fun of all the "first day of kindergarten pictures" and stories.  Never again.  I get it now.  I have the supplies, I have the clothes, I have the backpack . . . I need couseling for me. I mean its not like she's home with me all day.  Frankly, its no different then any other day that she goes to school and I go to work.  But its DIFFERENT.

So, now that I have admitted that I am as bad as every other mother I can move on and post all about it.  And hopefully by typing it I am starting to accept it and I can move on.  At least until the big day comes.

Thats me, a pathetic cliche I used to make fun of . . . oh how it all comes back around. :)