Monday, February 27, 2012

New Year's Resolution

So overall I see a weakness in my health plan - its called life.  I am very bad at letting life - family illnesses, being too busy, stress and misc. other reasons impact being more healthy.  So, gotta work on that.

I would say that on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being not accomplishing any changes and 10 being a whole new person I am at a 3 right now.  Not great - but I am feeling like at least I moving in the right direction.

Our Vitamix is a huge help.  We bought it about 4 years ago and have used it off and on - enough to feel like it was a good purchase.  Now I am feeling really good about it as it makes eating more fruits and veggies a pretty easy thing.




Adding some spinach, kale and other leafy greens to the mix has been going well.  I am working on developing additional ways to make healthy drinks in the vitamix.  Again, its been great when I actually have the supplies and time.  Sometimes it seems like a lot of work when I am running behind, attempting to hold the baby or handing sick family members and getting everyone anything to eat at all becomes the goal.  Something to work on for sure.

Oh how I love the Pelton's for many, many reasons.  They introduced us to this documentary.  This was one of the motivations for this goal this year for me (us).  And now we have this beauty. 



Expensive, but even in the short time we've had it - totally worth it!  For us, the veggie aspect alone is huge.  Again, need to use it much more - but Scott has been doing a great job.  Yes, we drink the Mean Green.  Watch the movie on Hulu - you will get it.

Tonight after dinner we decided to make some fruit juice for fun - apple, strawberry, blueberry and lemon juice.  Even Addy was all over it.  She is still working up to the Mean Green.  That is okay.




We have a long way to go, but we are moving in the right direction.  I have made huge strides in Addy's breakfast program.  I am so proud to say that I am feeling very positive about what she is eating in the morning.  Now for the rest of us!  Its a work in progress for now.  Even with some of the small and sporatic changes we've both lost some weight.  Which wasn't the focus of this plan, but a nice by product.

Next up - figuring out what I can grow myself to put the juicer by product for composting to good use and save some money and time with fresh garden produce.

We need more hints, tips, etc.  So, if anyone has anything send it my way!