Sunday, June 06, 2010

She is so random

I wouldn't be a true fan if I didn't blog about it once in a while right? And I know what you are thinking: Twilight, SATC, So You Think You Can Dance . . . which one am I actually going to blog about now?

Nope. As most of you know I am nothing if not loyal.

(And don't laugh at this photo, I had to take it like ten times to get a decent enough picture that you could kind of see my magazine.)


Yup. Its the 100 Greatest Characters in my EW magazine. Before I go any further - I really appreciate EW. I don't know all the editors but I want to be friends because they do a good job - 99% of the time I agree with them. Once in a while (like Homer Simpson being the #1 Greatest Character) they are terribly wrong. But most of the time they are oh so right.

Can you see the upper left corner - do you know who that is? That is the #2 Greatest Character - Buffy Summers.

A couple days ago I was talking about Buffy like I do (great for quotes) and someone asked me, " what is with you and Buffy the Vampire Slayer?" . I promised I would explain it at some point.

Sigh. I am not sure I can explain it fully. It was a coming of age show when I was coming of age and regardless of the vampires, demons, etc. Buffy was a hero for the everyperson. A misfit kickass girl that didn't ask to be a hero - but did her best. Like all of us, everyday. She wasn't popular, rich, or stylish. She struggled with her place in the world, like we all do. She wanted to be normal. She wanted to be free. She did what was asked of her. She failed once in a while. She kicked some butt. She had friends that were loyal forever and in their way made her better and she did the same for them. She felt pain and survived. She met the fight. Sometimes she ran. She was relatable in even the most silly story line moments.

So, that is my story . . . the story of my favorite character. Congratulations Buffy. And thank you.

Who is your favorite character?