Sunday, April 18, 2010

Hello Old Friend

After all of my complaining that what I really learned last year during the "Year of the Gardener" is that I hate gardening . . .

I admit to a sense of joy as I said hello to an old friend today. We've been together more then ten years now. That is probably like a gazillion pots.

And another old friend was right there with me today. This lovely was a gift from my parents a couple of years ago. Looking beautiful - you can't see it, but it has the most delicate candy pink blossoms.

We started on the in-need-of-much-help yard today. What a brilliant day - it was 70!! Um, in heaven here!!!

Yards of topsoil. My back is hurting tonight! And a bunch of dead azaleas we didn't get out at the end of last year. I don't know what happened but last year all of our azaleas got diseased and died.

Remember this front bed from last year. I ripped out all the day lilies (my personal ugly bush, although I still have them all over my yard) and yet another dead azalea. All winter this front walkway bed was U.G.L.Y. Laying it out here:

More beds to fill with top soil. I believe a couple of hours ago Scott told me his body is on the verge of collapse. :) We are going to be sore tomorrow.

Another hole from another azalea that got put to rest today.

All planted and getting watered. Casualties today thanks to Addy: 2 toys dropped on the new plants, 1 shovel dropped, 3 crushings by tennis shoe, 3 smashings when Addy turned the hose on full blast, and 1 pretzel rod left in the top soil during a temper tantrum. All around I say a pretty good showing. I still have some flowers left. :)


And of course Addy decided to add some photography flair for the day:




Tonight Addy decided it was a must to throw the fancy party of the year. She got all dressed up in her fancy clothes. On this first 70 degree day of the season fancy clothes included tights, bloomers, skirt, boots, scarf, hat and (missing in the picture) mittens. When we went to get a warm-day ice cream - yup, she was in her fancy outfit, mittens and all.

Oh, and a very fancy necklace too!!