Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sometimes life isn't easy . . ,


Every once in a while you have a day that helps you put into perspective all those other days you think are "hard" or "terrible". I am pretty famous for coming home from work and saying "I had a terrible day today". Today is one of those days that helps one to realize that most days life isn't as bad as you think. Today life really sucks.


Many of you have shared our struggle over the last few months about what to do with our Ollie. After many agonizing discussions, consultations with many people and a lot of tears we made the decision that Ollie needs to go to a new home. And today, as I type this posting, Scott is taking Ollie to a very wonderful woman that will help us find Ollie a great home.

I just want to take a moment to share my thanks for the seven wonderful years we had with Ollie. He was a trial at times, but as you can see in these pictures, those big brown eyes help you forgive a lot and make you feel very special. He was really our very first baby. And for those that grew up with me you know I spent a lot of years yearning for my very own puppy dog. And my prayers were answered when Scott found this perfect little puppy for me. Ollie was Scott's very first dog.

We will love you always Ollie and pray that you will find comfort and much happiness in your new home.


It has been a weekend filled with chances (this being just one of them) to remember what are the really important things in life. Sometimes that is a hard lesson to be reminded of, but always important to help us focus on those important things.

We will always love you Ollie and remember you with joy in our hearts!


If interested in learning more about an amazing organization visit Oregon Dachshund Rescue. They run entirely by donation and adoption fees. Janell has been amazing to work with and has helped us tremedously.