Thursday, September 07, 2006

Latest Dr. Appt.

So today I had my 36 week check-up. Sounds like things are going well despite my continued claim that practically peeing your pants every minute of the day can't be normal.

We had a small surprise when the doctor informed me the baby is breech because the heartbeat is up top of my big belly - but everything turned out fine, it seems Addison's bottom provides the best heartbeat sounds. Go figure.

Supposedly she is about 6 and 1/2 lbs at this point and locked up nice and tight. No indication the little one might like to come a bit early. When I asked the doctor how much more she would grow he said a pound a week - which gave me pause thinking 10 1/2 at 40 weeks seemed a little much. Then he relented and said that isn't really the case - probably another 2 lbs or so. Much more reasonable. :)

I continue to have miserable sleep and the most vivid and crazy dreams. Last night I was in the audience at American Idol auditions and out of no where I began throwing eggs and pencils (?) at contestants. I got into quite a lot of trouble. Don't even tell me what this dream means . . . I am sure I don't want to know.

Anyway, keep checking back there will be an actually baby here at some point. :)